"Our job is to record, each in [her] own way, this world of light and shadow and time
that will never come again exactly as it is today."
~Edward Abbey

Monday, April 12, 2010

Knock on Wood



The lotion I have at my desk is almost gone.
I think it's time for me to graduate!

What gloves should we order?
Actually I may not be around long enough to outlast this case.
I think it's time for me to graduate!

Could it be that this is my last time amplifying DNA?
I think it's time for me to graduate!

Summer's coming to the lab. Closed toed shoes in stifling heat.
But...I won't be here.
I think it's time for me to graduate!

I hope this buffer lasts. I never want to make it again.
I think it's time for me to graduate!

We could take this project down a whole side road. But...
I think it's time for me to graduate!

I have a draft of my dissertation. It's still rough.
Cat tongue rough. Shark skin rough. 3 day beard rough.
Bully stealing your lunch money rough.
But it will be fixed.
I think it's time for me to graduate!

I have a committee meeting on Friday.
The big one.
The one before the defense.
The one where they (hopefully) say,
"Yes! Schedule a date! Defend!"
I think it's time for me to graduate!

Nothing's sure, of course.
I've seen it too many times.
Rug ripped from under an excellent student.
But I'm starting my clinical rotations in June.
Come hell or high water.
I think it's time for me to graduate!

7 comments:

m April 12, 2010 at 6:28 PM  

woohoo!!

lots of good vibes going out your way!

emooti

CëRïSë April 12, 2010 at 7:33 PM  

Oh, Erin, I'm terribly jealous--and excited for you! You totally deserve it! Yay!

Leah April 13, 2010 at 5:43 AM  

Hooray! You sound definitely ready to graduate. It's kind of like moving apartments, right? "I hope this lightbulb lasts until I move out."

Two more months...

Nicole April 14, 2010 at 5:27 PM  

Congrats!! You're so very close!

Danielle April 24, 2010 at 6:58 AM  

Since I'm commenting on Saturday, I hope that we get to hear soon how your big committee meeting went! (and that they told you to go schedule a date!)

Congrats on being so close!

About Me

Once upon a time, I blogged. I was married, we lived in an adorable house with our adorable pets. Gradually I stopped writing. Abruptly I stopped being married. The pets went with my ex. Suddenly I found myself in the midst of months of painful, frightening, sometimes exhilarating, transition.

I am still not entirely clear of the rocks.

But I am beginning to see the other side.

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP