"Our job is to record, each in [her] own way, this world of light and shadow and time
that will never come again exactly as it is today."
~Edward Abbey

Sunday, April 25, 2010

In My Defense



It was pointed out in the comments of my last post by the lovely Danielle that I should update the graduation situation. The status of Operation: Graduation Determination, if you will.

My committee meeting went well.

I defend my dissertation May 13th.

I graduate Memorial Day weekend.

Yay!

(There is plenty of work yet to do. I saw my boss this morning and she said, "I'm getting to your chapters now. I wasn't worried about you because you are a good writer." Tonight I got the comments back on my first chapter. There was no praise of my writing. Ha. It will be good by the time I'm finished though.)

9 comments:

ABranch April 26, 2010 at 7:24 AM  

So excited for you to be moving on the next phase of your education!

CëRïSë April 26, 2010 at 11:21 AM  

Oh, woman, this makes me want to cry tears of joy and jealousy. =) EXCELLENT WORK!

Beth April 27, 2010 at 8:17 AM  

I will be thinking about you on May 13th. (Kents graduation/Mia adoption stuff is also that same weekend). The END is near. Very good.

Ern April 27, 2010 at 8:26 AM  

Thanks guys! Beth, I'll be thinking of all of you that weekend too. :) Tell Kent "congrats" for me!

Pam,  April 27, 2010 at 9:39 PM  

One foot in front of the other, you'll get there!
BTW, your picture makes me feel itchy LOL!

Danielle May 8, 2010 at 5:37 AM  

Oh my gosh!

Wow!

Congratulations! You are sooooooooooo close. I am so excited for you!!!

(Yes, I just used three exclamation marks) ;-)

nmrboy May 12, 2010 at 4:32 PM  

nothing says 'creepy' like good luck wishes from random strangers!

hope the defense goes well.

n.

Jenski May 13, 2010 at 6:22 AM  

Holy cow I totally missed this post! GOOD LUCK!

Unknown June 14, 2010 at 8:26 PM  

Well, with all of the changes that you're going through. Good, bad, or indifferent. This blog makes me think of you ;)

Marshall Goldsmith
Don't Give Up on Change

http://marshallgoldsmith.blogspot.com/2010/06/don-give-up-on-change.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MarshallGoldsmithLibrary+%28Marshall+Goldsmith+Library%29&utm_content=Twitter

About Me

Once upon a time, I blogged. I was married, we lived in an adorable house with our adorable pets. Gradually I stopped writing. Abruptly I stopped being married. The pets went with my ex. Suddenly I found myself in the midst of months of painful, frightening, sometimes exhilarating, transition.

I am still not entirely clear of the rocks.

But I am beginning to see the other side.

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP