"Our job is to record, each in [her] own way, this world of light and shadow and time
that will never come again exactly as it is today."
~Edward Abbey

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ra



I still miss the winter. But after all of these years in Southern California, the sunny, warm winters are growing on me. It's hard to argue when the first week of the new year is in the mid 70s, sunny, clear and gorgeous.

2 comments:

ABranch January 6, 2010 at 6:36 PM  

Negative 2 is hard to miss. :)

Leah January 7, 2010 at 6:02 AM  

True, it is nice to not have giant, melting piles of slush and gray snow everywhere in spring.

But I still miss the contrast, when you feel that softer air, even when it's still cool, that tells you that spring is coming. Then you know that summer will follow and it will be beautiful. I love all of the seasons, and I think that each one makes you love/want the following one.

About Me

Once upon a time, I blogged. I was married, we lived in an adorable house with our adorable pets. Gradually I stopped writing. Abruptly I stopped being married. The pets went with my ex. Suddenly I found myself in the midst of months of painful, frightening, sometimes exhilarating, transition.

I am still not entirely clear of the rocks.

But I am beginning to see the other side.

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP