"Our job is to record, each in [her] own way, this world of light and shadow and time
that will never come again exactly as it is today."
~Edward Abbey

Thursday, December 3, 2009

So I actually have to post stuff here, it doesn't magically happen?



I've been working very hard this week to be a good graduate student--staying late, getting and reading papers, catching up on my lab notebook, etc.

I want to graduate. I need to graduate. You have no idea. I have been struggling with major research burnout this year, but now the fear is beginning to kick in. The fear is a major motivator for me. Crunch time is where I thrive. It's December already? BRING IT ON, BITCHES. This PhD is gonna be mine.

5 comments:

Leah December 3, 2009 at 10:59 AM  

That's right...kick that PhD's ass.

Lovely photo, btw.

ABranch December 3, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Haha! My only concern is the for "bitches"!

The photo is awesome! Where was it taken?

Pam,  December 3, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

Yea, you can do it Ern. We want to be able to call you Dr. Dr. ;)

CëRïSë December 4, 2009 at 1:06 AM  

YES! Erin, I love you. After you kick your PhD's ass, would you mind kicking mine's? I so feel you on the burnout.

Ern December 4, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

Angie, the beach is Paradise Cove, by Point Dume in Malibu. It's my favorite beach. I'll take you there if you come visit SoCal. :)

About Me

Once upon a time, I blogged. I was married, we lived in an adorable house with our adorable pets. Gradually I stopped writing. Abruptly I stopped being married. The pets went with my ex. Suddenly I found myself in the midst of months of painful, frightening, sometimes exhilarating, transition.

I am still not entirely clear of the rocks.

But I am beginning to see the other side.

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP