Rusty

Between the flu and laryngitis, with a little fun in between, I haven't put much effort into my new space here. I am still feeling my way a bit in terms of how it will take shape.
Do I want to write about what I'm up to? School is (mostly) off-limits.
Do I want to write about dating for the first time in 13 years? For the first time since I was 18? Yikes.
Sex? (Hi Mom!) Probably not.
Politics? I'm sure I will at times. Occasionally I just can't keep off my soapbox.
Or do I just want to post pictures and let them do the talking?
Because everything is new I feel self-conscious I feel more comfortable in my own skin than I have in years.
Near the beginning
a few tentative steps
I scan the horizon
consult my guidebook
Map and compass reveal
possible routes
but the way is still unknown
Paths disappear ahead of me
into the shaded woods
across meadows dancing with flowers
up a mountainside among the boulders
out into the desert under blazing sun
into foggy mist by the ocean cliffs
There is no looking back yet
Everything is new
anything is possible
3 comments:
Great pictures and posts, Ern! Hope you are feeling better...
faize
I wish I had the courage to blog about what makes me feel joyful and full of life, rather than writing silly posts that bitch about the annoyances in my life.
Your new blog completely captures how I felt as I started to climb up out of the canyon, post-divorce. Everything seemed bright and shining and I felt just like a kid at Christmas.
Maybe I need to work on recapturing some of that wonder. Thanks for the beautiful blog.
Thanks, CS. :) And I like your silly posts just as much as the ones where you capture the things you enjoy.
Post a Comment